E-Type Mailing List Info
This list is for owners and enthusiasts of the classic sports cars known as the E-Types or as we Yanks often called it, the XK-E. Ownership is not a requirement but enthusiasm is a prerequisite!
SOME RULES OF THE ROAD
- Membership in this list is a privilege, not a right. There are certain written and unwritten rules of common decency and behavior that are expected of you. Should you wish to ignore those rules or continue causing problems or disruptions after the list administrator has contacted you privately, you may be denied access to the list, either on a temporary or permanent basis.
- The list administrator is the judge of last resort and if you choose not to abide by his rules or requests, there is no higher authority to appeal to.
- It has become necessary to impose these seemingly harsh conditions because of past occurrences of folks who only wanted to cause problems for the other members.
- This is a family oriented list and ladies and youngsters also read these messages. Conduct yourself accordingly.
- Don't flame anybody. E-Type enthusiasts around the world will almost immediately see your message. It will also become a permanent searchable document on the internet, potentially readable by hundreds of thousands of people. THINK before you post!
- By default, messages that you "reply to:" go to the entire list. If your message is of a personal nature, delete the list address and fill in the intended recipients address instead. If you post a personal message to the list, it cannot be recalled, everyone will read it!
- If you've had a bad experience with a vendor, DON'T FLAME THEM HERE! We don't need to test the libel laws. Discuss such matters among yourselves, privately. Also note that some of the vendors are also subscribers.
- If you post material of a libelous nature, you are solely responsible for any legal actions taken against you. The list administrator and other administrators of jag-lovers will not be held liable for your actions.
- If your sense of humor runs on the dry side, the use of smileys and emoticons is encouraged.
- The mailing is NON-COMMERCIAL in nature. If you are an individual and have parts to trade, sell or barter, by all means send us a message or use the Jag parts swap at www.jag-lovers.org.
- If you are a business, it is acceptable to occasionally mention it and include your phone number. Continually responding to the list for someone's request for a parts source with a price, part number, or "credit cards accepted" is NOT ACCEPTABLE.
- If you wish to use material from the list in a club newsletter or magazine article, please check with the person who posted the material for permission first. Also, a note or the URL as to where you found the information, would be appreciated.
- Please do not enclose attachments to messages that are posted to the list. They will cause your message to bounce to the list administrator who may or may not have time to contact you and explain why your posts are not being seen.
- Attachments tend to cause people concern about possible computer viruses. Also, the maximum message size is set to 20,000 characters, (about 10 pages). Attachments usually exceed this and get bounced to the list administrator for approval. If someone requests an attachment, (photo, drawing, etc) be sure it is addressed only to the individual and not the list.
- This is a "closed" list to prevent spam. You must use the exact address that you are subscribed under for the messages to make it to the list. Capitalization counts. Joesmith@somewhere.com is not the same as firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The list administrator may try to assist you in troubleshooting posting problems but remember, he is a volunteer with a real job and a life outside of Jaguars so be patient if it takes a day for him to respond to your questions.
- Please do not cross post or cc: messages to multiple mailing lists. The reason that there are multiple categories of lists here is because many people objected to the volume of irrelevant messages. Many subscribers will complain directly to you if you insist on cross posting.
Basic Commands for the mailing list. (The list is using Majordomo as the mailing list management software.) To subscribe to the list, send an e-mail message to email@example.com with the message "subscribe e-type" in the BODY of the message. (Without the quote marks please.) To subscribe to the digest, send an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org with the message "subscribe e-type-digest" in the BODY of the message. To unsubscribe to the list, send an e-mail message to email@example.com with the message "unsubscribe e-type" in the BODY of the message. To unsubscribe to the list, send an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org with the message "unsubscribe e-type-digest" in the BODY of the message. Search facilities for the archives are provided elsewhere on the www.jag-lovers.org web site..
- Other useful URL's:
- www.jag-lovers.org, the home of the Jaguar mailing lists
- www.e-type-lovers.com, resources and archives for the e-type subscribers
- Send messages for the whole mailing list to email@example.com.
- Send messages for the list manager only, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- - LEGAL DISCLAIMER As the messages and information posted here are from private individuals and not readily verifiable, the reader assumes all risk and responsibility for using such information.
- The list administrator and service providers are not liable for any problems you may experience from using this service.
- Commercial use of any subscribers e-mail address is prohibited without written permission from that subscriber. We will not sell or give away your e-mail address to any vendor.
- Continued subscription to any list constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Note: I regret that I do not have enough time to personally respond to every question about e-types. However, if you subscribe and post to the list, you will receive many responses from the list members. The list is set up so that you have to be a subscriber to post but there is no charge to subscribe or belong to the list.
Send Mail to: email@example.com
Subscribe to the e-type mailing list.
All lists are available in both regular and digest form.
Return to Menu
Rev Jan 04, 2002